Head of Procurement Strategy
About the Role:
As Head of Procurement, you will have a unique impact at Airbase by playing a hybrid role of owning and developing an end-to-end internal procurement function, establishing the strategic direction, processes, and best practices while leading initiatives and providing ongoing support and continuous improvements for Airbase’s Guided Procurement offering. You will be a crucial driver of our mission of enabling current and future customers by advocating for their needs and championing their success. You will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and be part of the GTM Leadership Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Define our overall internal procurement strategy.
- Lead the development of strategic sourcing plans, execution of those plans, and achievement of maximized savings within each spending category.
- Collaborate with HR, Finance, Operations, and other key stakeholders to clearly define decisions and spend rights across the organization.
- Act as subject matter expert on GP product capabilities and relevant competitive and adjacent Guided Procurement solutions.
- Provide ongoing continuous improvement and thought leadership.
- Develop and deploy standard GP best practices, knowledge sharing, training strategy, communication, and execution of all GP training curricula for current and future initiatives.
- Define a roadmap to increase the utilization of GP.
- Identify new business opportunities for up-selling, and increasing individual account values.
- Work directly with customers and customer-facing teams to understand user needs and solicit feedback on our existing product, problem-solve hurdles, and propose effective implementations with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options.
- Continuously improve the post-sales processes to help our customers accelerate the time to value.
- Work closely with the sales team, effectively communicating Airbase’s GP benefits and features to customers by delivering tailored product demonstrations and presentations.
- Assess requirements and work with prospects to overcome hurdles during the sales process by assessing fit through use cases, cost-benefit/ROI analysis, and technical competencies.
- Collaborate with our sales, sales enablement, marketing, and product teams to continually improve our demonstrations, including process, and best practices, sharing expertise/training, marketing campaigns, and guiding solution enhancements.
- Actively pursue opportunities externally that represent Airbase in the Procurement community; speaking events, engaging with analysts, etc.
- Build community in the Procurement industry and Procurement Customer Advisory Board
- Incorporate customer POV into product solutions and messaging and refine strategies for future launches.
What You Bring:
- 7+ years’ experience in Procurement or Strategic Sourcing.
- Experience developing and implementing procurement processes at a high-growth technology company.
- Experience driving results through the negotiation process such as contract negotiation and supplier performance.
- Experience leading and executing decisions across an organization.
- Ability to think proactively and consider long-term opportunities and challenges that might develop.
- Proficiency in Purchasing Software.
- Project management, Continuous Improvement, and financial analysis skills.
- Nice to have: Professional qualification/certification from related organizations (CPM, CPSM, APICS).
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.