Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 1, 2022
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
As a member of the CFS Supply Chain Team, this associate is responsible for assisting the department in meeting company objectives through warehouse and materials management. Ensures timely of inventory management as well as processing of shipping and receiving. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, will be thoroughly organized and can manage a variety of tasks.
This team member will:
- Monitor and control inventory integrity; resolve problems in a timely manner
- Complete physical inventories, cycle counts, random or receipt audits, reconciliations and report the findings
- Prepare and maintain records of inventories, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued.
- Track, report, identify non-conforming or damaged parts, and quarantine damaged products during an incoming inspection with guidance from QA/QC team(s)
- Maintains materials, equipment, and supplies required to meet CFS logistics related job functions
- Manages outgoing and incoming domestic and international shipments to ensure all shipments meet CFS packaging and transit specifications
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records and ensure accuracy of orders and record verified information in CFS’s ERP system
- Maintains physical condition of loading dock, warehouse and ensure safety protocols are observed
- Receive and verify purchase orders, and stock items appropriately
- Identify and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Assist in maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets for incoming materials.
- Obey all CFS Safety guidelines and policies on the loading dock and in the warehouse; correct any unsafe conditions or behaviors while maintaining a clean work environment
- Ensure compliance with CFS HAZMAT storage and shipping plans
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required Experience: 3+ years combined experience in Inventory Control or Shipping and Receiving; Minimum of 2 years experience in ERP functionality
- Exceptional understanding of inventory and warehouse operations
- Exceptional understanding with kitting and picking
- Understanding of domestic and international shipping
- Understanding of multimodal transportation
- Understanding of ERP functionality
- Strong computer skills with MS office and G-Suite applications
- Possess problem-solving skills with a bias for speed
- Learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
- Able to work with minimal supervision to follow through on assignments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate organizational skills and accuracy, with the ability to prioritize job functions to meet deadlines and ensure smooth workflow and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, creativity, and agility
- Exhibit strong customer service skills
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with exceptionally tight deadlines with frequent interruptions and distractions
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to write concise, logical and grammatically correct business correspondence
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree
- Start-up or high growth environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stopping, typing, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time
- Dedication to safety to mitigate hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, and cryogenics
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
See more open positions at Commonwealth Fusion
Something looks off?