Software Engineering Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place to grow your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America's Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
As a Software Engineering Manager, you’ll work on the systems and processes that enable Empower's apps and business. You’ll engage with a collaborative, high powered team to deliver solutions on projects with a reach of millions. The solutions you’ll build will be robust, secure and easy to understand both for our users and your engineering peers. You’ll take end to end ownership of new features and product lines shaping work in early stages, building, deploying and running post deployment analysis to ensure we’re hitting our goals.
Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
- Line management of engineering (3-15 staff)
- Hiring technical talent across backend, web and mobile
- Delivery management of high profile initiatives
- Develop and execute strategic investments in technical infrastructure
- Mentoring and coaching both technical and delivery within the delivery team
- Management of high severity operational incidents
- Management of a platform's technology roadmap
- Hands on technical support (as required)
- Analysis and specification of technical initiatives as a Technical Product Owner
- System operational performance management
- Participate in on-call schedule and escalations
- Reporting of operational metrics
- Process analysis, design and execution
- Bachelor degree or greater within Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
- 6+ years developing web APIs within .NET (C#) or mobile applications within Kotlin or Swift
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!