Energy Impact Center
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
Last Energy (LE) seeks an experienced radiological engineer to support the safety and licensing analysis for the PWR-20 small modular reactor (SMR). This person will work closely with the nuclear engineering and safety analysis staff to ensure that the PWR-20 design meets radiation safety and accident dose requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Determining core and coolant radiological source terms
- Determining neutron and gamma radiation field around the NSSS and the site.
- Calculating the dose due to theoretical accidents and the impact on surrounding areas.
- Participate in and support interfaces with customer and regulatory authorities to obtain regulatory approval of the Last Energy reactor core design, codes, and methods.
- Prepare and review safety analyses, calculation files, and associated records.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Nuclear Engineering, or a related degree (e.g., physics with nuclear concentration).
- 5+ years applicable experience in PWR or BWR radiological evaluations
- Proficiency in MCNP, SCALE, RADTRAD, or other nuclear industry analysis code as well as scripting and coding with PYTHON or EXCEL VB.
- Positive and effective team interaction skills and value positive peer relationships
- Effective written and oral communication skills