Senior QA Programmer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
People within the QA Programmer career track work with product owners, developers, and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/releases. You will develop and implement automation test strategies and utilize technical tooling to expand breadth and add depth to QA coverage of multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will facilitate functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts while using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze and report on quality. You are expected to work in a highly autonomous environment embedded on a specific team or product while working closely with designers, programmers, and production staff, using a combination of quality assurance, data analysis, and technical skills to drive appropriate testing techniques early on in development through release cycles and beyond.
In this role, you will
- Working with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Examine technical gaps and automation initiatives between geographically distributed teams, vendors, and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Building test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product while troubleshooting reported defects and internal issues
- Reporting and tracking for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health, supporting developers before, during, and after deployments.
- Test communications between the client and backend services
What we're looking for
- Previous experience creating tools or automation using Python, C++ and/or C#
- Ability to confidently collaborate with senior members on technical topics and features
- Software or games testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Technical understanding of web, mobile, XR, or game technologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Experience with art pipelines and tech art preferred
- Previous experience working with data and/or analytics is a bonus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability) and a retirement savings plan with a competitive employer match. In addition to the EAP (employee assistance program), we also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.