Senior Data Engineer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Social Ecosystem is the Epic organization that owns the answers to three questions: Who are our players? How are they organized? and What can they do together? These areas of concern cover responsibilities including account management, parties, voice chat, child safety, in-game social overlay, stewardship of personal data, and more. Our platform is designed to be used by developers within and beyond the walls of the Epic ecosystem, and supports exciting titles like Fortnite, Rocket League, and Fall Guys.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our data infrastructure to ensure the reliability and efficiency of our data and systems used by our Ecosystem Security team. Your role will include building and maintaining data pipelines which transform and load data from various products and managing the AWS infrastructure for our machine learning platform. Additionally, you will work with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to design and implement robust and scalable data services that support the Ecosystem Security mission while ensuring our user’s privacy. Your work will directly combat bad actors and keep our platform safe for all users.
In this role, you will
- Interact with product teams to understand how our safety systems interact with their data systems
- Design and implement automated end-to-end ETL process to prepare data for machine learning and ad-hoc analysis, including data anonymization
- Manage and scale the tools and technologies that we use to label data which run on AWS
- Devise database structure and technology for storing and efficiently accessing large data sets (millions of records) of different types (text, images, videos, etc.)
- Use and implement data extraction APIs
- Support data versioning strategies using automated tools, such as DVC
- Support devising strategies for labeling of new data by humans
What we're looking for
- Strong analytical background: BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related subject - candidates without a degree are welcome as long as they have proven extensive hands-on experience
- Experience of ETL technical design, automated data quality testing, QA and documentation, data warehousing, and data modeling
- Experience with Python for interaction with Web Services (e.g. Rest and Postman)
- Experience with using and developing data APIs
- Experience with using AWS, Snowflake, or other comparable large scale analytics platforms
- Experience monitoring and managing databases (we use Elasticsearch/MongoDB/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data versioning tools
- Experience developing and maintaining data infrastructure for ETL pipelines, such as Apache Airflow
This role is open to multiple locations in North America and Europe (excluding CA, NY, and WA).
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.