Senior Software Engineer, Developer Relations (Rendering)
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always striving to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Software Programmer to help bridge Unreal Engine end users with Epic’s development team. The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in C++ and engine development, is customer focused, and has excellent communication skills.
In this role, you will
- Provide engineering advice and direction to Unreal Engine end users as they navigate difficult problems
- Write well documented and optimized code for fixes, feature work, code reviews and other development oriented tasks
- Debug, review and analyze minor and major issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes and runtime performance challenges
- Work with technical partners from multiple industries to ensure their needs are met by future releases of Unreal Engine.
- Work with cutting edge technology such as UE5 Nanite and Lumen
- Drive initiatives in the creation and development of knowledge sharing resources including tutorials and industry presentations.
- Consult with a diverse group of developers both online and face-to-face, sometimes including travel for on-site support
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related field or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and debugging in C++
- Foundational knowledge of real-time simulation, 3D math, data structures and algorithms
- Experience of programming with at least one 3D graphics API, e.g. D3D12, Vulkan etc.
- Experience solving complex problems and helping other developers
- Passion for helping other developers
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to reduce friction and improve process
- Experience with UE4 is a plus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.