WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative, while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a passionate UX/UI Director. In this position, you will lead and manage a team of UX designers working on a major initiative of Fortnite like the gameplay UI & HUD or Battle Pass. You will guide your team to produce well thought out features and systems by generating wireframes, documentation, and prototypes. You will then work with a multi-disciplinary team to ship these features to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of UX designers (2-6) working in one of the major initiatives on Fortnite.
- Work with Game Designers to translate goals and constraints into compelling user-facing experiences.
- Collaborate with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication is happening and stronger cross team relationships are built.
- Present and pitch designs to Product Managers, Developers, and Stakeholders.
- Produce UX design work such as competitive analysis, information architecture, content strategy, user stories, journey mapping, and accessibility standards.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams within Fortnite to create consistency and resolve design discrepancies.
- Build flexible design systems that enhance our ability to design more efficiently and consistently.
What we're looking for
- You have 7+ years of experience working collaboratively to design features and complex UX systems through to completion across multiple platforms (mobile, web, pc, consoles).
- You have 7+ years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have 4+ years of experience managing a team of 1-4 people or equivalent training.
- 5+ years of experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- You are a service oriented, empathetic, and compassionate leader.
- You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
- You have a strong online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions with strong visual direction and interaction design.
This role is open to multiple locations (Including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.