Environment Art Lead
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ART AT EPIC
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for an experienced Environment Art Lead to lead the efforts of our Fortnite Environment Art team. The Environment Art Lead will lead and collaborate with multidisciplinary artists to help create and maintain the Environment vision for the game. This person will have a balance of technical capability, creative thinking, and a strong ability to lead a team in developing content for our various Biomes, POIs and various assets and props. By working closely with the Sr. Art Director you will be accountable for understanding the direction for the World, assisting with reviews, offering initial rounds of feedback, interfacing with Design Leads, and ensuring the team maintains a high-quality technical foundation, and visual style.
In this role, you will
- Be highly creative - imagine and help drive the Environment Art vision forward
- Work with Discipline Leads and Outsource partners to keep progress going forward and facilitate engaging player experiences.
- Lead the development for a group of Art Leads, collaborating with them to identify great ideas and steer them through the content development pipeline
- Understand the high level goals of Environment direction; help guide implementation.
- Assist the Art Director with rounds of feedback to streamline work process across all disciplines
- Ensure the core narrative goals and visual pillars of the game are being achieved
- Represent the Art Director when necessary in meetings and discussions
What we're looking for
- Strong understanding of Environment art for games, architecture, integration of natural and manmade environments, innovative and grounded based ideation to create environments that feel fresh and have mass appeal
- Experience working with designers around core game loops.
- Desire to grow your leadership skills.
- Experience shipping Games on multiple platforms, including mobile.
- Deep understanding of performance and optimization trade-offs for best quality, smart approach to maximizing asset reuse, as well as deep knowledge of technical art creation.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals, lighting, composition, multiple art styles, anatomy, appeal.
- Experience as a Lead overseeing an entire development team, including providing effective feedback for outsourcing and contractors.
- Strong collaborative nature to partner with Senior Art Director and Discipline leads.
- Core understanding of what makes for an engaging player experience.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.