Lead Tech UI Designer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative, while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for passionate Lead Technical UI Designers. In this position, you will lead and manage a team of Technical UI designers (4-8) working on a major initiative at Epic. You will guide your team to build well thought out features and systems using Unreal Engine, UMG, Blueprints, and C++. You will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to ship features to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of Tech UI designers (4-8) working in one of the major initiatives at Epic; work collaboratively across multiple teams to create consistency.
- Set up a culture of mentorship and excellence within the Tech UI design craft.
- Collaborate with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication is happening and stronger cross team relationships are built.
- Establish best practices and procedures for Tech UI Design.
- Help build tools and systems that will help clear up UI tech debt, make it easier and faster to ship UI, and level up the UI overall.
What we're looking for
- A service oriented, compassionate leader.
- 2 - 4 years of experience managing a team of 2-8 people or equivalent training.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 5+ years of experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of professional engine experience (Custom engine, Unity, UE4, Lumberyard, Snowdrop, etc.), and have game industry 3D-package experience (3D Studio, Maya, etc.).
- 5+ years of scripting experience, bonus points for C++ experience
- 3+ years of experience hiring and managing multiple teams.
- You’re known for thinking at big picture views strategically and identifying and solving extremely complex problem spaces.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.