Visual Effects Artist
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We push your artistic talent to the limit as part of a globally renowned team of visual effects artists dedicated to innovation and inspiration.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a talented and versatile professional with a solid VFX portfolio to join the content team on the mobile game Looney Tunes World of Mayhem. You will be responsible for the aesthetic enrichment that special effects bring to new characters and features, as well as for maintaining and refining the techniques necessary to achieve such results.
In this role, you will
- Develop Visual Effects with the project's content team focusing on new characters in Looney Tunes World of Mayhem.
- Work with Technical Artists to ensure that effects created follow good optimization practices for mobile games.
- Instruct, monitor and ensure the quality bar is maintained in VFX produced by project outsourcing.
- Assist when necessary in the development of Effects for any new features of the game.
- Twork collaboratively with the art and programming team.
What we're looking for
- Knowledge of 3D and Unity.
- Experience with particle systems like Shuriken(preferred), Cascade, Niagara or similar.
- Solid knowledge of photoshop, composition and painting.
- Knowledge in frame-by-frame animation.
- Knowledge of at least one modeling package such as 3Ds Max, Mayaor Blender.
- Master animation fundamentals.
- Domain of art fundamentals, use of colors and formats, composition, etc.
- Experience in developing Storyboards and 2D Animation.
- Proficiency in creating shaders in HLSL.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.