Business Development Manager - Games (APAC)
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
SALES AND LICENSING
What We Do
We drive adoption and usage for Unreal Engine and provide our customers with the tools and support to make amazing visual projects in the Unreal Engine.
What You'll Do
Epic Games Korea is looking for an 18-month fixed term contract Business Development Manager, Games . You will be responsible for expanding Unreal Engine adoption in the game industry, especially in BBB to AA projects by small to medium sized mobile game developers, or teams that aim to upgrade graphic fidelity to the next level in their upcoming games. The measure of success is primarily increasing new Unreal user adoption, creating quantified customer engagement, raising customer satisfaction, which eventually results in new projects using Unreal.
In this role, you will
- Identify and cultivate new relationships with potential clients in the mobile game space throughout Korea
- Maintain an active pipeline of targeted new user adoption, no. of developers to engage on a monthly, quarterly basis to meet the annual objectives
- Build strong, trusted, lasting relationships with new customers and partners by understanding their needs and business objectives
- Willing to perform outbound contact to new customers, actively participate in industry events/gathering as required to evangelize Unreal engine
- Convert customer problems into new adoption opportunities
- Improve overall customer satisfaction in assigned customer accounts
- Assisting in the creation of specialized documentation, videos, and samples for the Korean market
What we're looking for
- Dev. team producer or/and business development manager experience in the KR game industry
- Min 3~5 years proven track record of gaming industry experience
- Proactive attitude with timely, measurable, result oriented goal setting
- Strong social skills to build and maintain solid business relationships with diverse partners
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Korean
- Must love games and game developers and willingness to get along with them
- Fluent business English skill for mostly internal communication with counterparts in various offices and HQ
- Decent understanding/knowledge or strong interest in the technologies used to develop games is a plus. (experience of UE / other game engines or technology background is a huge plus)
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues via email or face to face (plus but not mandatory)
- Ability to present complex technical issues in one-to-many situations, trade shows, conferences, etc (plus but not mandatory)
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for Company benefits for both employees (EEs) and dependents (deps) covered by the benefits plan. Our current Company benefits package includes private medical, critical illness/cancer, life insurance, and disease/accident insurance. We also offer a flex benefit allowance and robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.