Lead Programmer - Fortnite
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Lead Programmer who is passionate about developing games and people. The Fortnite Player Journey team is responsible for welcoming our players into the game experience of their choosing. You will lead a team of highly talented engineers as you build the front door to the metaverse!
In this role, you will
- Lead a geographically distributed team of 5+ engineers focused on UI, matchmaking, and social systems.
- Build and maintain bridges with stakeholders to realize company vision.
- Work closely with UX, design, analytics, and other departments to solve problems.
- Supported technical excellence on multiple platforms.
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
- Write, review, and advocate for robust, maintainable code with extensibility in mind.
- Take initiative and fight through ambiguity to get stuff done!
What we're looking for
- Previous experience and strong desire to lead and grow a team of developers
- Excellent C++ skills and programming principles knowledge.
- Talent for building robust, extensible, maintainable systems.
- Firm grasp of UI development best practices and interest in metagame systems.
- Experience developing AAA games or game engine technology professionally.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal).
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.