Principal Data Engineer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Analytics team is responsible for elevating the player’s voice and delivering the insights that inform Epic’s strategy and shape the games and products that players and developers will love.
What You'll Do
As the Principal Analytics Data Engineer, you will be a technical leader responsible for architecting our next-generation data warehouse that will scale Epic Analytics. You will identify business needs and serve as a bridge between data producers, consumers, and platform teams to ensure data quality and enable actionable insights.
In this role, you will
- Build process and tooling to improve our data capabilities to answer business questions in a way that is efficient, repeatable, and scalable
- Shape the roadmap of the data platform team to make sure we have the right technology in place to meet future demand
- Partner with our data infrastructure teams to understand the pain points of the business and propose the right solutions to address them
- Understand the requirements of the business with an analytics mindset and partner with data analyst teams to structure the data in a way that is both good for the end user and underlying systems
- Influence cross-functional teams, including engineers, product managers, and data scientists to identify data opportunities, and represent them in a meaningful way
- Elevate the team whether, through mentorship, process, or tools, this technical leader will be responsible for elevating the work of their team
What we're looking for
- Experience identifying data needs for business and shaping a data strategy in partnership with cross-functional partners
- Strong analytical background with extensive hands-on experience shaping data models and data warehouses to answer business questions efficiently
- Proven process builder within a data organization with a track record of influencing cross-functional teams and facilitating collaboration
- Expertise in building and optimizing ETL and adjacent technologies (SQL, Python, schedulers)
- Experience working with petabyte-scale data warehouses
- Knowledge of the games industry is a plus but not required
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.