Senior QA Manager
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
Epic is seeking a Senior QA Manager to join our Fortnite Game team. You will be leading a group of internal and external leads, managers and ICs, supporting Battle Royale, Save the World, Art and Audio content, Ranked and in-development projects. We are a tight group within a large organization that prizes intelligence, creativity, and nimble problem-solving skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with game QA management experience and has a passion for growing our global community players.
In this role, you will
- Manage teams of Quality Assurance professionals dedicated towards building systems from the ground up and helping integrate these items into other teams for support
- Create and maintain the overall quality strategy for Fortnite Game modes and content pipelines
- Create and manage development partnerships for strengthening the quality of our products
- Invest in evaluating and improving department level initiatives on Quality Assurance Standards of work
- Manage, mentor, and develop future leaders and managers within the department
- Partner across Fortnite development leadership to establish a tools and automation roadmap for future testing and tooling support
- Act as a senior leader within Fortnite to push the boundaries on what quality, quality assurance, and testing looks like in games development
What we're looking for
- Track record developing quality strategies encompasses staffing, technical requirements, product space and involvement throughout the development lifecycle at the medium-large product level
- Excellence in staff planning, change management, and tools evaluation, as well as developing leaders and IC’s across all sub-disciplines within QA, with a proven track record for successful growth of multiple non-junior people
- Experience identifying and executing solutions for strategic threats to quality/testing/risk at the product, process, and people levels
- 8+ Years of QA Experience
- 6+ years of leadership experience including 3-5 years with direct reports across all QA types
- Technical and coding experience preferred
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.