UX Operations Support Specialist
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our team of UX researchers provide rigorous research support and insights for all of our games and products. Our goal is to be the voice of our players and users, and help the designer-intended experience for them be realized.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a 12-month temporary User Experience Operations Specialist to support UX testing by maintaining UX test facilities and carrying out participant recruitment. The role will involve working closely with UX Researchers to organize and support onsite and remote UX Testing.
In this role, you will
- Be a technical expert and troubleshooter for the hardware and software in the onsite UX Lab and remote testing setup
- Collaborate with Researchers on upcoming UX tests to things such as: clarifying recruit, technical and logistical needs as well as setting up the onsite lab and/or remote testing
- Recruit participants including phone screening, appointment booking, handling drop out re-recruiting, and payment
- Invite relevant internal development teams/participants, sending calendar invites and streaming instructions
- Facilitate on test days and directly handle aspects of testing such as: Lab set-up, participant management (e.g. primary point of contact, meet/greets, security checks, NDAs, provision of food, monitoring, exit and payment), technical support of lab equipment, monitoring test slack channels, and lab clean up including hardware/software changes and movement of data
- Sync with developers/QA to identify builds, track known issues, establish any workarounds/special conditions needed, set up appropriate builds on the UX backend (or similar), and assist with practice runs
- Maintain the UX tester database, including tracking of participation (including suitability for future) and payments
What we're looking for
- Excellent computer and technical skills and troubleshooting ability
- An IT or QA background will serve you well in maintaining and improving the hardware and software we used to test with:
- Software: Open Broadcast Software (OBS) - including advanced use, Zoom, Parsec, Google Suite, Windows (troubleshooting, networking, and configuration)
- Hardware: Experience with troubleshooting and setting up PCs and their components and peripherals
- [Preferred] Skills or Relevant Experience In: Audio signal chains, live video production, streaming/recording content, video editing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest in games and the user experience of games
- Must be onsite at Epic HQ to manage participants
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.