WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - EPIC GAMES SERVICES
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
The Engineering Lead will support a team of Software Engineers in providing developers the infrastructure and tools currently powering the entire Epic online platform to create game experiences like never before. In order to accomplish this it requires a team including Testers, Analysts and other disciplines. A successful candidate will be able to work across all the various functions to achieve their goals. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self. Learn more at https://dev.epicgames.com/
In this role, you will
- Lead a team in creating and operating online systems and solutions for backend services, web applications and SDKs
- Oversee technical design and drive implementation of robust online solutions
- Be responsible for definition and delivery, as well as continuous improvement of SLAs for online services environment, including system health and monitoring, reporting and response, and on call resolution
- Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and define expectations which translate to a scope of work the team can effectively deliver on
- Deliver ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations, fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
What we're looking for
- 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems
- Experience working with distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
- 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Proven track record of guiding and developing teams, as well as delivering online solutions at scale leveraging industry best practices and standards
- Demonstrated experience leading a team to deliver operational excellence for distributed online solutions including system health, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Ability to manage a team roadmap and update stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of a project
This role is open to multiple locations (including WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.