Environment Concept Artist
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a talented mid to Senior Concept Artist to help us continue to shape the future of Fortnite. As a Concept Artist on Fortnite, you will work with the development teams to create memorable environments that exude personality and style. You will use your artistic expertise in color, composition, shape, and visual design to help push our iconic visual style. Your craft expertise in environment design will provide the inspiration which will continue to push the boundaries of what Fortnite means to our players.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate closely with the Art Leads and Directors and core development team to drive and visualize many different themes within the Fortnite universe
- Inspire, mentor, and develop peers within a team of Concept Artists
- Support, drive, and evolve Art Direction
- Coordinate with other art, design, and production teams to help accomplish the goals of the product
What we're looking for
- Experience working within a AAA Environment Art team, in a Concept Artist role
- Portfolio that demonstrates a range of styles, creativity and craftsmanship
- Effective collaborator and problem solver able to coordinate with Environment Artists and Level Designers to find solutions unique challenges
- Strong communication skills and understanding of world and map creation
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, graphic design
- 5+ years experience in the game industry working in AAA game development
- Experience working with Intellectual Properties a plus
- Familiarity with 3D packages, and in engine navigation is a plus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.