Senior Software Engineer - Backend (7+ years)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2021
Fi is a dynamic FinTech startup designed specifically for the digital generation. Our core mission is to empower our users to demystify their finances, optimise their savings, and make intelligent spending decisions. We are dedicated to creating a highly secure hub, a consolidated savings account that provides a single, intuitive view of your financial world.
We are constantly seeking exceptional and innovative individuals to join our team. If you are passionate about creating delightful user experiences, committed to doing what's right, and driven to make a significant impact on the lives of millions, then we want to hear from you.
When you work with us, you'll discover that we prioritise integrity and always strive to do the right thing—for both our team members and our users. We foster a positive, transparent, and inclusive community that celebrates collective success. We encourage a bias for action and value individual brilliance. Our ambition is to have everyone thinking about impact and growth. Our office environment is not only fun but also human, nimble, and business-like.
With a wealth of experience from leading tech companies and banks around the world, we possess a deep and balanced understanding of both the "fin" and "tech" aspects of FinTech. As a startup, we are backed by renowned global venture capitalists who share our vision. We are dedicated to creating a fantastic experience for our consumers and colleagues alike.
What this role is about:
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, and who are driven to make a significant impact on the way people manage their finances. We value creativity, problem-solving skills, and a commitment to delivering high-quality code. If you are motivated to revolutionise the financial industry through cutting-edge technology and want to be part of a dynamic team, we would love to hear from you.
You should apply if you have
- You have 7+ yrs of software engineering & product delivery experience with strong background in data structures & algorithms
- You’ve proven software development credentials having successfully built complex products
- You are experienced with one or more general programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Go). Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- You have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, with familiarity in data structures, algorithms and a strong command of object-oriented principles.
- You have a spark that separates you from the crowd and ability to think out of the box and on your feet
- You have the ability to learn other coding languages as needed real quick
- You are comfortable in working with a team that deals with ambiguity every day
- You can articulate complicated technical concepts clearly
- You possess multi-dimensional skills that make you a valuable co-worker in a fast, changing and ambiguous environment and articulate complicated technical concepts clearly
We'd also love to see :
- Interesting hobby projects, open-source contributions, etc
- Sharing of knowledge - via either formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, providing technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects
Selection Process :
Application: Apply through our career page.
Coding Exercise: If your application aligns with our requirements, we will share a coding exercise via HackerRank.
Interviews: You will go through 3-4 rounds of interviews with our tech and leadership team.
Assessment: Alongside evaluating your technical and coding experience, we will assess your GCA (General Cognitive Ability), articulation abilities, attitude, and cultural fit.
We are currently functioning from office in Bangalore.
We aspire to create an inclusive culture of diverse people not just because it's the right thing to do but because heterogeneity inspires us and is more fun! We employ people solely on merit and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.