Director of Product Management - Payments (Open Banking)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Job Description: Director of Product Management - Payments (Open Banking)
Link Money (https://www.link.money/) is seeking an experienced and visionary Director of Product Management with expertise in the payments industry, particularly in the context of open banking. As the Director of Product Management, you will play a key role in driving the success of our payment solutions by leveraging your deep knowledge of open banking principles and practices.
This is an individual contributor role. If you are a doer and builder, this role is for you.
1. Provide strategic leadership and vision for the product management team, driving innovation and excellence in the development and management of payment solutions in the open banking ecosystem.
2. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, legal, compliance, and business stakeholders, to define and execute a comprehensive product roadmap for open banking-based payment offerings.
3. Stay informed about the latest developments and regulatory requirements related to open banking, ensuring that our products align with the principles and standards set forth by open banking initiatives.
4. Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer needs, market trends, and opportunities for new payment products and features within the open banking space.
5. Define and prioritize product requirements based on customer feedback, market research, and business objectives, ensuring a user-centric approach.
6. Lead the end-to-end product development process, including product ideation, concept development, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and launch.
7. Collaborate closely with the engineering team to ensure effective and timely execution of product development plans, managing the product backlog and ensuring adherence to project timelines and quality standards.
8. Work closely with sales, marketing, and customer support teams to drive product adoption and provide effective product training and documentation.
9. Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and conduct data analysis to evaluate product performance, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions.
10. Stay informed about industry trends and competitive landscape in open banking payments, providing strategic insights to senior management and stakeholders.
1. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Product Management, Business Administration, or a related discipline. A Master's degree is preferred.
2. Proven experience (8+ years) in product management or related roles within the payments industry, with a focus on open banking and associated technologies.
3. Deep understanding of open banking principles, APIs, and regulatory requirements, with knowledge of industry standards such as FDX, PSD2, GDPR, and relevant regional regulations.
4. Strong strategic thinking and ability to translate market insights into actionable product strategies.
5. Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve product goals and objectives.
6. Strong analytical skills, with the ability to leverage data to drive product decision-making and measure performance.
7. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
8. Proven track record of successfully launching and managing complex payment products, including experience with Agile methodologies.
9. Strong business acumen and ability to align product strategies with overall business objectives.
10. Passion for driving innovation and creating exceptional user experiences in the payments industry within the open banking landscape.
Join our dynamic team and lead the development of cutting-edge payment solutions in the open banking era. Apply now to contribute to shaping the future of payments with your expertise and vision.
Base Compensation + Performance Bonus + Equity
Base: $200,000 - $225,000 a year
See more open positions at Link Financial
Something looks off?