Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack Development
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Loyal is an early stage company developing drugs to help dogs live longer, healthier lives. We apply innovative approaches to tackling aging as a disease that can be slowed and improved with medicines. Loyal is an early stage start-up company and is well funded by top venture capitalists and angels. Loyal is founded and led by a first-gen, female CEO – we encourage and look forward to diverse applicants.
We’re hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Data Science and Engineering team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make the transition from more traditional technology companies to working in biotech and aging.
Our team of data scientists and engineers work together to support two critical areas of our company: scientific research for drug discovery and bringing products and services to the public. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will work across the stack from web interfaces and databases to data pipelines and operations. On our cross-functional and dynamic team, you will collaborate with other engineers and scientists throughout the company; getting to know the longevity drug pipeline end-to-end. You’ll see your work directly impact the development and deployment of longevity treatments.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on the Data Science & Engineering team you will:
- Work across the tech stack to solve both customer and internal problems
- Develop and support Loyal’s public web properties
- Develop and support internal business applications helping our clinical research teams and improving company operations
- Support new and ongoing research projects by creating and managing data pipelines, databases, and migrations
- Work to improve the operational maturity and health of our engineering and data science teams; grow adoption of good engineering practices across data engineering and data science disciplines
- Work collaboratively with team members from many different professional disciplines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- 5+ years experience working as a software engineer as part of a software team
- Demonstrated experience implementing frontend designs according to responsive principles using CSS and idiomatic markup
- Demonstrated experience with a major backend language, including building web backends
- Demonstrated experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience working with Python in either in web or systems programming environments
- Experience with React or Next.js
- Experience working with Terraform or some other cloud orchestration tool
- Exposure to statistical analysis in R or Python
Why join us?
- Full-time position either remote or based in San Francisco, CA, with flexible hybrid work opportunities
- Full coverage platinum health insurance (medical, dental and vision) for you and your dependents
- Generous monthly stipend package for wellness, learning, and fitness
- Stipend for home office set-up
- Flexible paid time off & 28 days of whole company holiday per year
- Paw-ternity leave for pet adoption
- Dog-friendly office
- Generous relocation package
- Welcome kits with Loyal swag
- Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $140,000 - $210,000/yr. Final offer amounts are determined by candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary slightly from the above mentioned amounts.
Lean into moonshots | We do not settle for incremental change. We have the bravery to take risks and shoot for the impact we want to have.
Opportunity is at the intersection | We lean into combining disciplines, expertises, and perspectives not normally adjacent. We design our organization to facilitate cross-pollination and cross-collaboration. We reject silos.
Expertise without ego | Titles do not determine who has a voice. We work on hard, technical problems and have a ton of fun while at it.
Learning by doing | Our path is novel and many things we are doing have never been done before. We lean into MVPs and are open to unexpected outcomes.
Transparency and rejecting paternalism | We value leading with context. We equip people with the context and background necessary to make their own decisions and act in the best interest of Loyal. Empower team to succeed.
Empathy and respect for all life | Our patients are not just numbers. Our work is intentional, thoughtful, and guided by respect for life. We take our responsibility to pets and pet parents seriously.
See more open positions at Loyal
Something looks off?