Senior Data Engineer
In the 1880s, Herman Hollerith noticed the US Census was taking over 8 years to calculate. To solve this, he invented a tabulating machine using punch cards that dramatically sped up the process and served as the foundation for innovation in high-quality data gathering.
We’re looking for Senior Data Engineers who can help us build our high-quality data engine that informs how we invest in and build Mercury’s future. You’ll be early to building a data-informed culture across Mercury so that we can all determine what’s happening, react quickly, and invest intelligently.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Partner with leadership, engineers, and data scientists to understand data needs and build systems that deliver high-quality and reliable data
- Own and maintain the data systems that extract, transform, and load data into internal and external tooling
- Apply proven expertise and build high-performance scalable data warehouses.
- Design, build and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts).
- Design and develop new systems in partnership with software engineers to enable quick and easy consumption of data.
- Have 2+ years of experience working with analytics teams on building high-quality and reliable data infrastructure.
- Be able to navigate from architecture and implementation decisions related to data infrastructure to guide teams towards building reliable and accurate pipelines and company-critical data sets.
- Have familiarity with postgres backend data, Snowflake, and data transformation tools like dbt.
- Value quality in data tools, testing and innovation.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
US employees (any location): $173,600 - $204,200 USD
Canadian employees (any location): CAD 158,000-185,800