Compliance Assurance Specialist
We’re looking to hire a Compliance Assurance Specialist to help build out the design of our Compliance Assurance function and ensure effective and timely execution of the program. You'll be a key member of our Internal Audit team, tasked with identifying gaps in our program and developing creative solutions to minimize risk. Over time, you will become a subject matter expert on Mercury’s operations and compliance obligations.
Our Internal Audit Team is adding talent to continue building a first in class assurance program. As an essential pillar in our line of defense, this team provides protection to each of our customers and our organization across the board.
What You’ll do:
- Execute assurance reviews over various risk areas and controls across Mercury
- Conduct walkthroughs, data reviews, alert investigation, or sample testing
- Identify gaps within the Compliance Assurance Program where additional monitoring should be implemented
- Document issues and agreed action plans with the control owners
- Conduct follow up reviews post issue closure to ensure actions are appropriately implemented
- Conduct ad hoc compliance assurance reviews as requested by internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Have experience conducting compliance assurance testing
- Have designed a Compliance Assurance Program or the significant uplift of a program
- Think creatively about how to utilize data to achieve a greater degree of assurance
- Have experience in, and a working knowledge of the laws, regulations, and risk management standards of the financial services industry
- Quickly grasp complex business processes
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to manage their own schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Be a self-starter, someone who likes to innovate and think about how we can do things differently to be more efficient and effective
- Be a generalist in risk and compliance, with a passion for building things from scratch
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the saas and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $140,000-$161,000 USD
- US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $119,000-$137,000 USD
Something looks off?