Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations - including government agencies and nonprofits - use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education - Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia's Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Merit is looking for a Sales Engineer who will be responsible for preparing and delivering technical demonstrations and presentations for our customers, both new and existing. This individual will work with customers to understand technical requirements and communicate with internal teams to connect products to meet our customer’s needs and explore product expansion opportunities when deemed necessary. The Sales Engineer will report directly to a Solution Manager or the Head of the Sales Organization.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full time, 100% remote role with some travel.
- Build a mastery of the Merit platform, all features, and past use cases
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Apply their Merit expertise, coupled with their technical background, to demonstrate the Merit platform with prospective clients and help them understand the value of the platform for the client’s specific needs / use case
- Strong understanding of all Merit business lines and how the platform solves each unique business line needs
- Soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers
- Assist with proposal creation and pricing strategies that accurately capture the clients requests and expectations
- As the client transitions through the contracting phase, assist in ensuring the client has the appropriate Software and Service packages to meet their needs
- Work with internal Solutions Architects to capture feedback from client requests to expand product offerings
- Provide technical support to delivery team during high-demand times
- Effectively communicate with internal functional leads to support program development and implementations
- Provide technical review and writing support for both solicited and unsolicited proposals in all business lines
- Willing to conduct research and present findings in a clear and concise manner that adequately address the problem statement Must be willing to travel for in-person demonstrations, conferences and running trainings and information sessions (up to 50%)
- Provide support during program deployments, both on-site and remote (including declared disasters when Merit deploys teams to assist)
- 5+ years experience in sales and the technology field
- Gov Tech experience is a plus
- Government Sales and procurement experience a plus
- Strong technical understanding of software architectures, APIs and integration protocols
- Demonstrated understanding of military processes, protocols, and structures, gained through prior military service or related experience
- Ability to develop effective presentations and present information clearly and concisely to stakeholders of different backgrounds
- Google Suite, Salesforce, Figma, Asana, Sigma Computing, MSFT office experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive to problem solving
- Effective leadership and team working skills
- Clear communication and ability to work with multiple functions throughout the organization
- The ability to continuously learn and apply new findings
- Exhibit self-motivation and strong work ethic without oversight
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a link to our pay bands: https://www.merits.com/resources/paybands/corporate-operations
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.