Embedded Avionics Software Engineer - C++
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
Who you are:
Are you an avionics software engineer looking for something that you just can’t find in big aerospace? Do you believe you can build better aircraft systems using modern software development methods? Would you like to own a significant percentage of software in a new product? If so, you might be a good fit for the team in a Software Engineer role here at Merlin.
- Design and develop software tools and applications for automatic testing, simulations, and other test environments.
- Analyze system and software requirements in order to build compliant applications and keep them up to date - for example, to meet protocol and timing requirements of component interfaces.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain, and improve software with limited supervision.
- Document and validate test environment tools and application software.
- Collaborate across Merlin to ensure test applications meet the needs of the cross-functional team.
- BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related subject.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with demonstrable knowledge of C++/C/Python.
- Demonstrable ability to understand technical design documents and specifications.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment with open-source software tools.
- Experience in verification testing for embedded software or hardware/software integration.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in teams with DO-178 product development standards.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technology, React and Docker Paas.
- Experience in MATLAB/Simulink or Ansys SCADE model-based development.
- Experience developing certified software for flight control systems, flight management systems, or other safety critical avionics systems.
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.