Natural Language Processing Engineer
Denver, CO, USA · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Merlin is an early-stage autonomy company, building software to control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft.
We’re backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse, world class team, made up of people from places like Google, Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
Who you are:
Are you a machine learning expert looking for applications of this technology that truly enhance the world you live in? Would you like to work on enhancing the safety of aviation by building machines that can understand spoken language? Do you want to own a significant portion of a key system for a new product? If so, you might be a good fit for the natural language processing team working on natural language understanding (semantic parsing) here at Merlin Labs.
- Assist in development of a speech-to-semantics system optimized for air traffic communication, with a focus on semantic parsing
- Apply existing methods of semantic parsing to improve performance of our system
- Plan and develop experiments to test new ideas for our semantic parser
- Interact with annotators and data collection engineers to expand our systems training and test data
- Collaborate with other NLP engineers to integrate the speech-to-semantics system into our larger pipeline of Merlin's natural language understanding system
- Keep current with research in the semantic parsing community, and communicate discoveries with the rest of the NLP team
- Masters degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience building natural language understanding products for research or commercial environment
- Fluency in Python, competency with C++ and/or Java
- Experience with deep learning techniques, including implementations via frameworks and libraries such as PyTorch, ArrayFire, and Tensorflow
- Experience developing production-quality software on teams using tools such as Jira, GitHub, and continuous integration pipelines to facilitate project management, code review, and testing
- Experience with both neural and statistical methods of semantic parsing
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.