Senior Manager, Strategy Planning
About Misfits Market:
Misfits Market is a mission-driven, high-growth startup dedicated to reducing food waste and making shopping for sustainable, high-quality groceries easier and more affordable. We deliver organic produce, high-quality meats and seafood, plant-based proteins, dairy, bakery, wine, and other grocery items to nearly every zip code in 48 states at up to 30 percent off traditional grocery store prices. In 2022, Misfits Market acquired sustainable e-grocer Imperfect Foods and now leverages its in-house transportation network to deliver directly to consumers with one of the most carbon-efficient grocery delivery models on the market. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers helps save an average of 500,000 pounds of food per week from waste or lesser outcomes, with an all-time savings of 190+ million pounds of food.
About the Merchandising Strategy & Planning Team:
The Misfits Market Strategy & Planning team is a combination of two areas, both Produce and Non Produce, that range in responsibilities from analytics, strategic planning and process implementation that will cross multiple functional areas including Category Management, Inventory Planning, Pricing and Operations.
About the Role:
The Strategy Planning Senior Manager is responsible for setting strategic direction for their team that will develop, maintain, and continuously improve the daily and weekly reporting/tools used to make timely business decisions that impact revenue and gross profit. Responsible for analyzing data and turning that into both long- and short-range strategic plans that will support the Merchandising team. You are the subject matter expert on processes across the merchandising organization, and, mentoring your team to become consultants for other partners on projects including process improvement, strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning. This role will report to the Vice President of Strategy & Inventory Planning.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is curious and enjoys solving complex problems, and who never stops looking for a better way to do things. When they find themselves in uncharted territory, they are excited, rather than intimidated.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating future sales and gross margin projections (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, customer forecast)
- Drive continuous improvement in inventory management, assortment planning, pricing, process building in conjunction with key cross-functional partners such as Merchandising, Buying, Product and Business Intelligence
- Leverage large and diverse data sets to address business questions on an ad hoc basis. Develop elevated visualizations / dashboards and publish weekly business reporting.
- Define and participate in projects across many areas within the company that has impact on the overall Merchandising Org which can include: demand planning/forecasting; vendor management; overall process improvement; pricing and analytics, pre season planning and day to day ad hoc reporting
- Lead and develop a team providing support and guidance including defining key objectives and goals for each team member that ladders up to department goals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-6 years of experience in analytics
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Must be proficient with Excel and Google sheets with the ability to analyze and relay complex quantitative data and build reports/tools
- Experience within merchandising, procurement processes, and strategic planning
- Expert analytical skill, problem solving, and leadership skills with an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with e-commerce/retail preferred
- Experience with programs including Oracle, Mode, or similar platforms working with large data sets preferred
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
- You're extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- You're able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You love the opportunity to meet challenges and take preventative action for solutions
- You work well and nimbly in a highly active team in a collaborative, fast paced environment
Details of Position & Benefits:
- Salary $100k - $125k
- Full-time exempt position
- 100 % Remote Work
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401K plan