Client Manager - California Small Group
🚀 Who we are
Nava Benefits is a modern benefits brokerage on a mission to fix healthcare! Nava was founded on the vision of bringing high-quality, affordable healthcare to all Americans, starting with the 49% who receive insurance through their employers. By partnering with healthcare and benefits leaders from the country's largest companies, Nava packages their insights, tools, and best practices into a scalable, unified service offering that has helped smaller employers save 8-22% on their benefits plans.
Launched by seasoned co-founders, we're a cross-functional, passionate group of leaders and operators intent on building the industry's most diverse and dynamic place to work. In 2022, Nava was proudly ranked on the Inc. Best Workplaces list and NYC Digital Health 100.
We’re searching for a small group Client Manager to join our west coast Client Success team and make an immediate impact! This is a remote position but preferred candidates will be based in California or possess current experience owning CA small employer groups.
🚀 What you’ll do
- #owntheoutcome: Act as a trusted advisor for an assigned book of small employer groups (<100 lives); Be adaptable and flexible to proactively address client issues and needs and deliver a best in class client experience.
- #beagreatcopilot: Collaborate with vendor partners and internal stakeholders to manage the day to day servicing of clients and members; Possess the ability to delegate, provide oversight and give feedback to others.
- #driveprogressthroughaction: Drive your client's annual service plan adherence strategy including, but not limited to, management and execution of the renewal process, open enrollment, vendor deployment, member education and compliance support.
- #createsuperfans: Foster consultative relationships with client executives and deliver novel benefit solutions for our growing portfolio of national clients.
🚀 Who will love this job
- A strategist — drawn to and excited by the prospect of solving complex and layered problems, but also energized by possibilities
- A proud advocate — you will be the voice of our clients, while remaining, compassionate, responsive, inventive, and effective
- A teammate — thrives in an environment of collaboration and working cross-functionally with various partners to exceed business goals
🚀 What you’ll bring
We understand that your experience is more than just a list of requirements, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the following bullet points.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent education
- 5-7 years of employee benefits experience with a brokerage; Recent experience independently managing accounts with minimal guidance
- Recent experience supporting: California small employer groups (50-99 lives)
- Strong knowledge of small group plans and products
- Strong knowledge of financial arrangements and health products including fully insured, level & self funded, captives.
- California Health Insurance License required
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Google suite, written and communication skills
- Comfortable public speaking, including presenting renewal information, financials and open enrollments meetings and webinar recordings
🚀 Working at Nava
Founded as a remote-first company, we go out of our way to build and strengthen connections, across teams and around the country. From weekly coffee chats and monthly virtual spacewalks, to quarterly (but optional) in-person team events, our culture thrives on fostering a dynamic and inclusive environment while still allowing team members the autonomy to choose how and where they do their best work.
- As a remote-first company, we offer location-agnostic pay based on NYC benchmarks regardless of where someone is located within the U.S. The base salary range for this role is $80,000 - $115,000 and is based on individual qualifications and experience.
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. At the minimum, we cover 85% of premiums for individual plans.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k with a $1k match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents + 2 weeks of transition time
- $50/month to go towards a benefit of your choosing that will improve your mental or physical health and more
- Flexible vacation with a two-week minimum
- $1,000 stipend to set up your home office
- $50/month connectivity reimbursement
- And more…
Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We believe that solving America's healthcare problem requires leveraging America's greatest strength: our diversity. Healthcare affects everyone – and a team that includes people from all backgrounds and walks of life will be more effective at driving change than a homogeneous one. We are excited to build that kind of team at Nava.