Client Manager - California Large Group
🚀 Who we are
Nava Benefits is a modern benefits brokerage on a mission to fix healthcare! Nava was founded on the vision of bringing high-quality, affordable healthcare to all Americans, starting with the 49% who receive insurance through their employers. By partnering with healthcare and benefits leaders from the country's largest companies, Nava packages their insights, tools, and best practices into a scalable, unified service offering that has helped smaller employers save 8-22% on their benefits plans.
Launched by seasoned co-founders, we're a cross-functional, passionate group of leaders and operators intent on building the industry's most diverse and dynamic place to work. In 2022, Nava was proudly ranked on the Inc. Best Workplaces list and NYC Digital Health 100.
We're on the hunt for a superstar Client Manager to join our rockstar west coast large group team and make an impact from day one! If you're ready to take the reins and own some of our largest and most intricate client accounts, then this role is tailor-made for you. You'll act as the lead for these high-profile clients, engaging in strategic work that includes consulting on complex funding arrangements and customized benefit strategies to meet the needs of your clients unique goals. This is a remote position but preferred candidates will be based in California or possess recent experience experience owning CA employer groups (500-5000 lives).
🚀 What you’ll do
- #owntheoutcome: Become the trusted advisor for a diverse portfolio of large employer groups (500-5000 lives). Your adaptability and proactive nature will shine as you address client issues, meet their needs, and deliver an unparalleled client experience that'll have them raving about Nava.
- #beagreatcopilot: Strap in and buckle up, because you'll be collaborating with our top-notch vendor partners and internal rockstars to handle the day-to-day servicing of clients and members. Your ability to delegate, provide oversight, and give feedback will make you an invaluable co-pilot on this incredible journey.
- #driveprogressthroughaction: We're counting on you to drive your clients' annual service plan adherence strategy to new heights. From managing and executing the renewal process to orchestrating open enrollment and deploying vendors, member education, and compliance support, you'll be the driving force behind success.
- #createsuperfans: Prepare to build long-lasting consultative relationships with the executives of our top clients. With our growing portfolio of national clients, you'll unleash your creativity to deliver innovative benefit solutions that will leave them Nava super fans.
🚀 Who will love this job
- A strategist — If you get a kick out of solving complex, layered problems and revel in the endless possibilities that lie ahead, this is your jam.
- A proud advocate — You'll be the unwavering voice of our clients, embodying compassion, responsiveness, inventiveness, and effectiveness every step of the way.
- A teammate — Collaboration is your middle name, and you thrive in an environment where teamwork is key. Get ready to work hand in hand with diverse partners across the company to surpass business goals and achieve greatness.
🚀 What you’ll bring
We understand that your experience is more than just a list of requirements, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the following bullet points.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent education
- Show us your recent experience independently managing accounts with minimal guidance
- A track record of supporting large California employer groups (500-5000 MEL's)
- A strong command of large group plans and products. You can navigate this territory with ease
- Strong knowledge of financial arrangements and health products including fully insured, level & self funded, captives
- California Health Insurance License required
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Google suite, written and communication skills
- Comfortable public speaking, including presenting renewal information, financials and open enrollments meetings and webinar recordings
🚀 Working at Nava
Founded as a remote-first company, we go out of our way to build and strengthen connections, across teams and around the country. From weekly coffee chats and monthly virtual spacewalks, to quarterly (but optional) in-person team events, our culture thrives on fostering a dynamic and inclusive environment while still allowing team members the autonomy to choose how and where they do their best work.
- As a remote-first company, we offer location-agnostic pay based on NYC benchmarks regardless of where someone is located within the U.S. The base salary range for this role is $95,000 - $115,000 and is based on individual qualifications and experience.
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. At the minimum, we cover 85% of premiums for individual plans.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k with a $1k match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents + 2 weeks of transition time
- $50/month to go towards a benefit of your choosing that will improve your mental or physical health and more
- Flexible vacation with a two-week minimum
- $1,000 stipend to set up your home office
- $50/month connectivity reimbursement
- And more…
Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We believe that solving America's healthcare problem requires leveraging America's greatest strength: our diversity. Healthcare affects everyone – and a team that includes people from all backgrounds and walks of life will be more effective at driving change than a homogeneous one. We are excited to build that kind of team at Nava.