Chief of Staff, Growth
We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, seamlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way. We think tech needs a change. In a world where products all look the same, we don’t want to just make the same thing as everyone else. What we want is to create iconic products that we’re proud to share with family and friends. And that means we have to do things differently. This is the spirit that drives and sustains everything we do.
In two years, we’ve grown from an idea to a 420+ people-strong global team with offices in four regions and have sold over 1.4 million products…
“In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” - Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” - Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
Last summer we released Phone (1), our debut smartphone and the centre of our hugely ambitious consumer tech ecosystem. Launch week saw us trending on UK Twitter, clocking up YouTube views in the millions and securing press coverage in thousands of leading titles. We ended 2022 with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). 2023 brings the latest addition to our audio range that's crafted with artistry, passion and innovation. Say hello to Ear (2), mighty little things.
We’re looking for an ambitious and determined strategic mind to join our team in Shenzhen as Chief of Staff for our Growth division. You will become the trustworthy partner of the VP of Growth and help the leadership team to make sure the company’s operation runs smoothly in order to achieve company level success. The Chief of Staff, Growth will focus on streamlining complex processes and frameworks, overseeing program management as well as Nothing's strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation.
- Collaborating with the VP of Growth to determine and prioritise business strategies.
- Providing the VP of Growth and other senior leaders with insights and analysis on the company’s operations.
- Promote team integration as well as cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Determine key performance indicators and how to measure team performance.
- Providing analysis, recommendations, and options to the VP of Growth regarding high impact decisions, as well as assessing risk when business decisions are made.
- Manage the VP of Growth’s schedule, including scheduling meetings and planning travel etc, as well as planning, coordinating and leading meetings and workshops.
- Proactively follow up with the leadership team if and when goals are not being achieved and provide actionable recommendations for improvements.
- Manage key relationships and build a process to track and nurture key stakeholders, investors, and clients.
- Responding to key inquiries on behalf of the VP of Growth or CEO.
- At least 6 years' of proven success in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Experienced in planning and leading strategic initiatives as well as data analysis and budget management.
- Strong project-reporting skills, with focus on interdepartmental communications.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Versatile abilities and extreme dedication to efficient productivity.
- Nimble business mind, focused on developing creative solutions.
- Management consulting background at Bain or McKinsey, or investment banking at Goldman Sachs much preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in business administration or similar field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.