We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, seamlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way. We think tech needs a change. In a world where products all look the same, we don’t want to just make the same thing as everyone else. What we want is to create iconic products that we’re proud to share with family and friends. And that means we have to do things differently. This is the spirit that drives and sustains everything we do.
In two years, we’ve grown from an idea to a 420+ people-strong global team with offices in four regions and have sold over 1.4 million products…
“In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” - Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” - Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
Last summer we released Phone (1), our debut smartphone and the centre of our hugely ambitious consumer tech ecosystem. Launch week saw us trending on UK Twitter, clocking up YouTube views in the millions and securing press coverage in thousands of leading titles. We ended 2022 with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). 2023 brings the latest addition to our audio range that's crafted with artistry, passion and innovation. Say hello to Ear (2), mighty little things.
We’re looking for an ambitious, determined and hardworking Finance Director to join our team in Shenzhen as soon as possible. You will have responsibility for our global finance team to ensure we have the right people with the right skills to support our business as we grow. This is a broad, all-compassing position with a remit across financial reporting, treasury, tax management, policies and financial strategy and planning.
- Transnational team: Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Cash and Treasury Operations including FX and liquidity management
- Financial Reporting: monthly and annual accounting processes, management and completion of local and group audit, filing of accounts
- Tax Management - direct and indirect tax in all regions
- Build and operate an efficient structure to support intragroup business
- Finance Policies and Procedures - building an internal control environment to support the organisation as it grows
- Deploy and maintain appropriate business systems that can support the organisation now and as we grow
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Lead completion and consolidation of quarterly budget review cycle as part of strategic planning
- Monthly management business review preparation and presentation
- Generally to build a detailed knowledge of the key financial drivers of the business and develop and communicate insight into risks and opportunities as a result.
Supporting the CFO on specific projects
- Transactional support for funding and M&A
- Corporate structure
- Ad-hoc projects
- Qualified finance professional
- Big 5 experience - or able to show similar experience in a complex smaller firm
- Experience after qualification in a product/industrial focused business across software and hardware with global distribution
- Previously ran projects in a start-up or scale-up stage company - or at least as a key part of a project-driven team within a bigger organisation
- Fully fluent in Mandarin and English
- Ideally some experience working overseas in EU or US
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.