Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2020
Be Present, together.
Our mission is two simple words. Open is a modern studio designing a new way to practice wellbeing. We combine our hybrid methodology with a social and engaging platform to make mindfulness achievable for all. We engage the senses with music, sound, breath, and movement to create inspiring and meaningful shared experiences on and offline. We are design oriented, inspired by art, and promote the power of the direct experience. We envision a world where everyone, everywhere, Opens everyday.
Based in Venice, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye for detail, and an aptitude for learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a dynamic group of people to build the future of wellness.
We're currently focused on streaming immersive classes through our digital platform from our studios in San Francisco and Venice to a growing global audience. Open is supported by Founders Fund (Keith Rabois), Susa, LVMH (Miyuki Matsumoto), Coatue (Arielle Zuckerberg), Slow, SV Angel, Maveron, Jack Dorsey, Adrian Aoun, Ben Rubin (Houseparty), and more.
As a Fullstack Engineer and a founding member of the team, you will have the opportunity to transform ideas into reality taking end-to-end ownership of our web product.
What You'll Do
- Define and build a beautiful, impactful, and reliable product with the founding team
- Work on frontend and backend of the Open experience
- Create the best product experience through technical and product decisions
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of stack
- Implement unit tests
- Ensure resilient customer experience. Implement reliable monitoring, deployment, fault detection infrastructure
- Communicate and collaborate with product and operations counterparts
- Scope and prioritize projects
- Help recruit future Open engineers
What You'll Bring
- 3+ yrs experience
- Passionate about building projects from scratch
- Eager to work autonomously
- Extremely fast and prolific in writing code
- Obsessed with beautiful design and interfaces, and an expert in implementing them
- Constantly prioritizing adding value to the customer - ship fast
- Bonus for experience with Vue, Firebase
- Healthcare (health, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO
- Access to all Open classes (in person & virtually)
- Autonomy, Ownership, Equity
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want to build a future with more presence.