Software Engineer - Frontend
We are a global learning platform that empowers educators to motivate learners through technology. We are used in diverse learning environments, including K-12, higher education, and corporate settings. Quizizz has organically grown to 70M monthly active users in 100+ countries. The US is a significant market for us, where 80% of the schools trust us in their classrooms. We are a high-growth, profitable company backed by leading venture investors, including Tiger Global, GSV, Nexus Venture Partners, and others.
We are a small, passionate, tech-first team working on challenging problems to improve learning. We thrive on building delightful product experiences by moving fast, leveraging data, and interacting with a passionate user base.
About the role
As a front-end engineer at Quizizz, you will be responsible for helping transform classes into multiplayer real-time gaming experiences. You will build product experiences to enable teachers to create and deliver interactive experiences. You will deal with the scale on the front end. Our experiences need to support 1000s of participants in live classrooms. You will work closely with your peers not only from Engineering but from Product and Design to brainstorm nextgen dynamic experiences that can be brought to life.
We are looking for product-minded, self-driven engineers to help execute our vision, which needs cutting-edge front-end development involving challenges of scale, performance, and game-like UI experiences. We are looking for engineers at multiple levels to be part of small teams as we build for the future of education.
- You have 3+ years of industry frontend experience, designing and developing complex applications at scale.
- You have a deep understanding of HTML and CSS and web page rendering techniques and deeply care about millisecond optimizations.
- You are passionate about good engineering practices, automated testing, and monitoring. You have a strong understanding of unit, component, and e2e testing frameworks like Jest, Cypress, etc.,
- You have prior experience designing and developing high-scale complex interactive experiences in React, Vue, Nuxtjs, etc.,
- You have prior experience with WebSockets, node.js, and build tools (ex. Webpack/Vite, etc.),
- You have been part of startups that have experienced the challenges of scaling applications at multiple orders of growth at high velocities.
- You have a keen eye for detail in user experiences and products.
Working at Quizizz
The pandemic has changed work in many ways, especially by enabling remote work. Many companies have chosen to be remote first. At Quizizz, we work best in the office brainstorming using whiteboards, having conversations over coffee/walks, or overhearing a hallway conversation. Learning happens through osmosis. We understand that driving/ubering takes work in Bangalore. We’ll take care of the commute for you.
Beyond taking care of commute, we will cover health care benefits for you, your family, and your parents. We invest in our employee’s health and wellness. Through books and courses, we invest in their learning and development. Oh, and finally, we have healthy lunches, dinners, and a stocked pantry to snack on all day.