Staff Software Engineer - Storage
The Infrastructure org has the mission of building and delivering the storage and data systems, compute orchestration environment, and essential platform services behind all of Reddit.
We are looking to hire a backend software engineer to work collaboratively on a team dedicated to building out Reddit’s data storage platform and infrastructure. This is a high impact role where you will contribute to design, implementation, and operations for one of the largest sites in the world. The Storage team’s mission is to provide a platform for teams to independently and effectively run their storage workloads in a performant, reliable, and secure way.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with a team of software engineers and systems engineers to create and maintain the foundational platform for running Reddit’s infrastructure.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Reddit’s products.
- Contribute feedback to the technical and strategic direction of the storage platform.
- Build and maintain the data storage platform that supports all of Reddit.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles.
- Prior experience provisioning, operating, and administering storage infrastructure at scale.
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure systems is a plus (Kubernetes, AWS / GCE ecosystems).
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300.
Something looks off?