Staff Software Engineer, International Lifecycle
The International Lifecycle team helps achieve our mission by growing culturally relevant content ecosystems unique to their geographical regions. We connect the right content to the right users so they can engage in conversations and find communities where they belong. We enable users to more easily contribute to and participate in those communities. And we are laying architectural foundations for new experiences to help Reddit communities thrive.
As a Staff Engineer, you’ll take a leading role to build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create a truly international experience, which will fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. Your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Design, build, and ship backend services, experiments and products for millions of users to support our international expansion.
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
- Contribute meaningfully to our team’s strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning our future. Don’t just come along for the ride.
- Foster a healthy engineering culture and mentor and coach other engineers.
- 8+ years backend development experience with multiple parts of the backend stack, from databases to networking to computing infrastructure. We develop with Go, Python, Postgres, Redis, Thrift, GraphQL and deploy to Docker/k8s on AWS.
- Ability to design and implement complex distributed systems operating under high load.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical teams in a fully remote environment.
- Experience developing customer-facing public applications is preferred.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300.
Something looks off?