Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Marketplace)
Last year, we launched Collectible Avatars in partnership with independent artists to bring unique designs and benefits to collectible owners. While we have onboarded millions of users to the initiatives, we are in the beginning of our journey. If there is one thing we’ve noticed with digital collectibles is that they have an incredible power to create a sense of participation and belonging. With each project, a vibrant community of owners pops up with it. Fans of today’s biggest creators and brands are now flocking to buy digital goods directly from them -- to support them, to gain exclusive access, and to feel a greater sense of connection with them. Over time, collectibles will play a central role in how fans support their favorite creators and communities on Reddit and beyond.
We are hiring a Senior Backend Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
On the team, you will:
- Design, build and ship backend services for users to create, buy, sell and use blockchain-backed digital goods.
- Move fast while balancing quality. We can’t afford extensive processes, and we also can’t afford show-stopping bugs. We need people who can balance speed with quality while quickly building brand-new products.
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning for the future. Don’t just come along for the ride.
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
- 4+ years backend development experience with multiple parts of the backend stack, from databases to networking to efficient computing. We develop with Go, Python, Postgres, Redis, Thrift, GraphQL and deploy to Docker/k8s on AWS.
- Ability to design and implement complex distributed systems operating under high load.
- Experience developing customer-facing public applications is preferred.
- Experience with payment processing systems is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with blockchains / Go is not required! All of us learned along the way, and so can you.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. Apply today to learn more!
Something looks off?