Senior Revenue Accountant
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team! You’ll have the unique opportunity to analyze and determine the accounting treatment for new revenue agreements and products, collaborate cross functionally, and play a key role in developing and maintaining scalable revenue recognition processes. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is organized, analytical, collaborative, and a problem solver. In keeping with Reddit values, the successful person in this role is someone who operates with an open mindset and “values the human” in all interactions. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and provide monthly close deliverables
- Prepare monthly flux analysis for management review
- Prepare audit support for external and internal audits
- Challenge the “status quo” and lead process improvements to streamline revenue processes and shorten close timelines
- Assess the accounting treatment for new revenue agreements and products
- Support integration of new revenue streams into our existing processes
- Support system implementations and test system changes related to revenue processes
- Identify risks, assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, and implement internal control procedures (SOX) in areas of responsibility
- Establish effective relationships and work cross-functionally across the organization
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and reporting as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience in the advertising technology/media industry; ideally, a public/private industry mix
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and ability to apply ASC 606 required
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and Excel skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact collaboratively at all levels of the organization
- Proactive, self-directed person with the ability to multi-task and think creatively
- Proven ability to deliver quality results and succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Team player with a positive attitude and open mindset who is excited to build from the ground up!
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.