Staff Technical Program Manager - Cloud Infrastructure
Reddit’s Infrastructure organization has the mission of building and delivering the compute orchestration environment, storage and data systems, and essential platform services behind all of Reddit. We are looking for an experienced Staff Technical Program Manager to support and develop our Platform team in delivering a modern stack of core platform technologies to all of Reddit and it’s communities
You will help plan and execute with a deep understanding of the processes, policies, and trade-offs that an opinionated cloud infrastructure stack will require. You will collaborate with leaders and TPMs across the company to build the processes necessary to streamline execution and ensure alignment to our long term strategy.
As with any infrastructure role your job will be to assist in continually modernizing Reddits stack via migrations, deprecations and service decomposition. All while balancing risk, coordinating across frontend, backend and revenue producing teams. There are long term programs with multiple milestones that require scoping, scheduling and coordination to achieve.
Key Focus areas and Responsibilities:
High quality technical program management is a distinct and high value skillset, and while the roles generally don’t involve direct management, they are a part of the organizational leadership. In this role, you will…
- Get Things Done. More than just displaying activity, counting sprint points, or delivering regular updates. You actually bring projects to completion and deliver real accomplishments for the business, and help your teams understand the difference.
- Dive into Details. You understand the details of their projects and help guide them with and in active partnership with their teams. You don’t just stay in the stratosphere or in an abstract process. You have the technical judgment to act as a partner with your teams in planning and decision making.
- Make Work Repeatable. You create and improve processes that smooth the path for others and prevent and remove recurring organizational toil (and the lower quality bar that often allows). You reuse processes developed elsewhere, and aid in adoption of standards where relevant.
- Mentor & Lead. You are good at, and enjoy, informally aiding others in developing key organizational and project skills. You’re a leader within your projects and support people in the process.
- Bring Order out of Chaos. You are known for leaving a program and the teams you support in a position of stronger organization than where they started, and those teams continue to succeed even when you are no longer specifically engaged in the project.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 8+ years of collective experience in engineering and program management roles
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A team player mentality with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solve problems
- Pragmatic; you take an iterative approach to developing processes and systems
- Technical depth and judgment
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.