Senior ML Engineer, Channels Relevance
As a core member of the Channels Relevance team, you’ll work with the billions of events and terabytes of data generated every day to personalize Reddit notifications for each user on the platform, helping them connect with their communities and discover the best of Reddit.
How You'll Have Impact
You will own projects from ideation to production instead of being stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. You’ll work with a super talented, cross-functional team to solve hard problems in order to create experiences that users will love. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate on projects with other Channels Relevance engineers where you’ll apply Machine Learning to personalization, discovery and recommendation problems.
- Build and deploy sophisticated machine learning models to improve experiences for millions of users.
- Participate in the full software development cycle: design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, analyze and iterate.
- Collaborate across disciplines and with other ML teams at Reddit to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
- Be a mentor and cross-functional advocate for the team
Who you might be
- 2+ years of experience with industry-level deep learning models
- 2+ years of experience with mainstream ML frameworks (such as Tensorflow and Pytorch)
- 4+ years of end-to-end experience of training, evaluating, testing, and deploying industry-level models
- 4+ years of experience of orchestrating complicated data generation pipelines on large-scale dataset
- Successful track record of applying machine learning techniques in addressing real-world problems
- Comfort analyzing high-volume natural language and multimodal data from varying sources, proficient with SQL
- Experience communicating complex research and ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience working with data-intensive systems and writing production-quality software (preferred Python or golang)
- Experience in content recommendations, and content personalization is a plus
- Passionate about building delightful products for users
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This role is US-based, and 100%, permanently remote
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.