Engineering Manager, Service Foundation
The Developer Experience team designs, develops, and support tools and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
Some Of Our Present And Future Challenges Include
- Building a strong cloud staging development story for the entire company.
- Re-envisioning our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability.
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s goals.
- Build: Build out your team to execute on a strategy and create more efficient, more reliable developer workflows.
- Amplify: Mentor your ICs and be a leader for the Developer Experience team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years with technical leadership over high performing engineering teams.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, library development, API design.
- 3+ years experience developing and managing teams focused in Go and Python
- Strong focus on user experience, usability, scalability, and quality. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software at scale.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.