Director of Product, Search Relevance & Retrieval
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Director of Product will own the vision, strategy, planning, and execution of our search product roadmap. The ideal candidate will leverage strong organizational skills and deep subject matter expertise to partner with execs, engineers, and feature teams to improve the search experience on Reddit. This is a great opportunity to help our foundational search product become a trusted tool for exploring, navigating, and understanding everything Reddit has to offer.
- Develop and promote a vision for search that goes beyond information retrieval to power discovery and exploration of Reddit’s huge corpus of user submitted content
- Partner with internal groups (Execs, Data Science, Research, other PMs/Feature teams, etc) to understand search product needs and prioritize requirements for the search development team
- Develop a comprehensive product strategy for our search team to build toward satisfying our users and supporting front-end feature product groups
- Define team goals and success metrics for new search projects to ensure we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit’s wider business objectives
- Evaluate current product performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Generate excitement and understanding around Reddit search product improvements
- 5-7+ years of experience working as a product manager, especially in a technical, computational, or infrastructural group
- Deep experience working on Search Relevance systems, as well as, understanding of state-of-the-art Machine Learning techniques to improve Search.
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong customer empathy and effective in collaborating cross-functionally
- Ability to communicate clearly about complex technical solutions and relating them to business results
- Track record of developing and growing high performing teams
- Experience making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing
- Analytical background with a track record delivering high impact product launches
- Passion about Reddit and how we can make it better
- Previous experience with Solr, ElasticSearch, and/or Lucene
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.