Technology FP&A Manager
We are looking for a Technology FP&A Manager who is interested in charting the future of Reddit. You will work closely with infrastructure, data, and finance stakeholders to forecast and provide impactful analysis, insights, and recommendations as the primary manager of our cloud infrastructure spend. If you are excited about joining an awesome team that’s creating the future of Finance at Reddit and love having an impact on how mission driven organizations like Reddit operate, this job is for you!
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. You will be the guiding force behind many of the decisions made at the highest levels of the organization by providing visibility on our cloud spend and driving efficiency in how we are spending.
What You’ll Learn:
As a Technology FP&A Manager, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Technology, Product, and Business practitioners to build the future of Reddit. Cloud spend is one of our most critical spend categories, so it’s an exciting time to get a chance to define the rules and be a key driver around how we spend on Cloud infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Daily monitoring and monthly reporting on cloud spend using cloud-native and 3rd party tools
- Review cloud utilization and make recommendations on Reserved Instance and Savings Plan strategy, utilization optimization opportunities, product architectural recommendations to promote optimization, and discounts for optimization
- Partner with infrastructure, engineering, and product teams to understand their cloud demand forecast and daily resource demand management
- Develop and maintain cost and forecasting models to provide actionable insights on current and future cloud spend
- Lead and define tagging requirements and monitor tagging hygiene to ensure proper tracking and reporting of data
Who You Might Be:
- 7+ years engineering or finance related experience
- 3+ years experience with at least one public Cloud Provider (preferably AWS or GCP), including making recommendations related to Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, utilization optimization, Enterprise Discounts, and Cloud Contract term negotiations
- Extensive knowledge of cloud technology and cost components/drivers
- Experience with large and complex cloud environments
- Strong financial background e.g., creating ROI, TCO, and cost and utilization optimization strategies
- Passion for optimizing cloud costs and identifying utilization efficiencies
- Experience performing cloud cost reporting
- Experience with BI tools, SQL queries, organizing data, and building reporting dashboards.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.