Senior 3D Artist
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
Sandbox VR is seeking a talented and experienced Senior 3D Artist to join our art team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating visually stunning and immersive environments in virtual reality games. As a Senior Artist, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation of high-quality art assets, and ensuring that they meet the technical and artistic standards of our experiences.
What You'll be Doing:
- Working on all the necessary visual parts of our games to create a strong visual experience
- Tasked with crafting beautiful and immersive environments, creating detailed and well crafted 3D props, textures and materials.
- Ensure that the content is optimized for VR, by using all the necessary real time rendering techniques
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director, to follow the vision of the project, and communicate closely with TechArt, Level Design, Animation and other necessary departments, to ensure the needs of the projects are managed
- Offering your eye for detail, you will create stunning visuals, and your strength of knowing the technical limitations of real time rendering is the right mix of skills to create memorable VR experiences
What We're Looking for:
- Jaw-Dropping Portfolio: You have used your considerable experience in creating high-quality 3D assets, environment, and you can prove that by sharing your portfolio of personal and professional work. Ideally your portfolio will show consistently high quality examples of your work across a variety of different art styles
- Experienced: You have a minimum of 5+ years working with VR or non-VR Video games. You have a degree or certification in 3D art, digital art, a related discipline, or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge. Ideally you have shipped at least one commercial video game for PC or Console
- Technically Proficient: You are experienced in using MAYA (or similar 3D asset creation tools). You have a strong understanding of working with the Unity game engine, ideally within the HDRP render pipeline. You also have significant experience working with Photoshop
- Environment FX and Lighting: You have experience creating environmental FX and using HDRP tools to provide lighting for scenes so your assets always look the best and your scenes are immersive and believable within the context of the worlds you’re creating
- Always Learning: You will be responsible for keeping up with the latest Unity features and plugins to make sure your projects look incredible. You have a strong personal interest in video game technology, and you understand industry trends and upcoming innovations. VR is an exciting new medium for you, you are passionate about the possibilities of the technology, and you’re eager to use your skills to push this industry forward.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.