Director of Franchise Development
Posted on Friday, July 7, 2023
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
Sandbox VR is looking for a Director of Franchise Development to help grow our franchise business. Reporting to the Director of Global Franchise Operations, the Director of Franchise Development will play a key role in leading the US sales operation and managing a team of Franchise Account Executives & external brokers. This is a remote working position, based in the US; however, occasional travel will be required. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the growth of the franchisor across the US.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage all aspects of the franchise sales function within the US, focusing on the sale of multi-unit franchises to achieve the company's development plan.
- Lead and manage a high-performing team of Senior Account Executives in the US , providing guidance, support, and mentorship to ensure their professional growth and success.
- Ensure completion of all related documentation with partners throughout the sales and legal process.
- Perform thorough due diligence, research and market optimization studies.
- Develop inbound and outbound sales activity, taking leads from inception to execution; culminating in the approval of candidates befitting the core values at Sandbox VR.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our concept and stay up to date with product and content development.
- Manage & participate in marketing activity for applicable franchise and real estate events/ expos as deemed necessary.
- Completion of store visits, and discovery days as required.
- Track and manage lead (including distribution) using our CRM/ other platforms as necessary and report to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Work with the marketing team to create brand collateral to complement the sales process.
- Work with the Growth Marketing team to target key territories and generate qualified leads.
- Partner with management and other Sandbox team members for ad-hoc projects and other franchise related duties that might arise in a fast-growing company.
What We Are Looking For:
- A minimum of 8 years’ franchise sales/ business development required: this position requires a thorough knowledge of process management and excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated experience in US franchise operations, with a deep understanding of the specific nuances and requirements of the US market.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and people management, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team toward achieving targets and objectives.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of success in a consultative sales role.
- Recent experience as a full-time franchise developer, selling single multi-unit and master franchises.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively lead and motivate a team towards achieving targets and objectives.
- A high level understanding of the US market and industry trends.
- A strategic negotiator and a strong communicator, with the ability to manage time-sensitive projects with little supervision.
- A proven deal closer in a full-cycle sales role.
- Franchise Industry experience required; service industry franchise experience preferred.
- The ability to spend the time developing relationships with partners and the openness and willingness to ensure there is a mutual fit between the franchisor and franchisees.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities optimally.
- Business level English - A clear communicator verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a very fast-paced business.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.