Senior Application Security Engineer - Rust/Python
United States · Kansas City, MO, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
TripleBlind has a suite of privacy tools that allow data and algorithms to securely come together in a way never before possible. Data remains encrypted even while operations are being performed on it, and even the algorithm may be encrypted to hide proprietary intellectual property.
We are looking to expand our Engineering team with a Senior Application SecurityEngineer. In this role you will be responsible for the strategic implementation of security measures to protect our applications and data across the company, while mentoring other engineers on best security practices and shaping our security posture. Our software stack includes Rust, Python, Django, and React, and is deployed using container technologies.
Because security and privacy are key components of the TripleBlind value proposition, having knowledge of and/or experience with security and privacy regulations (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, …) is highly preferred.
What you will do as a Cybersecurity Architect at TripleBlind:
- Take the lead on ensuring security is built into the TripleBlind software suite, and educating the Engineering team on security best practices.
- Guide security architecture for operations spanning multiple organizations, cloud infrastructures and programming languagues.
- Validate and remediate external security findings quickly and thoroughly.
- Build secure, production grade software used by customers all across the spectrum from giant enterprises to smaller businesses.
- Apply Docker and cloud techniques to build an OS/cloud agnostic solution for collaboration.
- Create the tooling for the next generation of data scientists, statisticians, and AI/ML engineers, in healthcare, finance, and multinational corps.
- Become part of a team of highly experienced engineers and designers.
- Collaborate using Github as part of an Agile development team.
- Use Docker containers for shipping to the major cloud platforms.
- Learn about cutting-edge encryption and applied machine learning.
You should apply if you:
- Have a strong interest in security, privacy, AI/ML, and want to contribute to advancements in Generative AI/LLMs and Natural Language Processing.
- Are an Offensive SecurityCertifiedProfessional(OSCP)orthoroughly understandwhatthatmeans.
- Like the pace of a startup -- or want to learn what that means!
- Prefer finding solutions to problems, not just being told what to do.
- Play well with others. Building a business is a team sport.
- 5+ years of experience in an application security role with a focus on software development.
- Professional Rust (or C++) and Python software engineering experience,
- Experience with various OSs preferably Linux, MacOS, and Windows,
- Experience with infrastructure & systems-level technologies: e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.,
- Experience with at least one machine learning framework preferred: bonus points for two or more,
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, developing code quality, and engineering best practices,
- Experience in architecting complex systems,
- Experience with agile development environments and practices,
- Experience taking features from concept to full production release.
What is TripleBlind
TripleBlind has created the most complete and scalable solution for privacy enhancing computation.
The TripleBlind solution is software-only and delivered via a simple API. It solves for a broad range of use cases, with current focus on healthcare and financial services. The company is backed by Accenture, General Catalyst and The Mayo Clinic.
TripleBlind’s innovations build on well understood principles, such as federated learning and multi-party compute. Our innovations radically improve the practical use of privacy preserving technology, by adding true scalability and faster processing, with support for all data and algorithm types. TripleBlind natively supports major cloud platforms, including availability for download and purchase via cloud marketplaces. TripleBlind unlocks the intellectual property value of data, while preserving privacy and ensuring compliance with HIPAA and GDPR.
We are a remote-first business. If you are local to the Kansas City area, you are welcome to work out of our office on The Plaza. Otherwise, we're open to all US-based remote candidates.
When Applying …
Please include a cover letter along with your resume.
TripleBlind provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.