Technical Documentation Manager
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is seeking our first technical documentation manager to own and level-up our customer-facing knowledge base. This is a unique opportunity to create your vision for exceptional documentation. You’ll drive the strategy to ensure our content is clean, organized, and effective. Our external documentation is top of mind as we increase features on our existing seven product lines and grow new products, market segments, and geographies.
- Define the strategy for our customer-facing knowledge base
- Develop improvements across the knowledge base such as its information architecture and content types
- Edit existing and new articles, ensuring high quality and consistent style
- Partner with the technical support engineering team to create new documentation and personas
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to ensure accuracy of content
- Assess content performance and report quarterly metrics corresponding to the knowledge base
- 7+ years of technical writing or technical content management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or similar
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborator, especially with technical teams
- Previous experience managing a knowledge base
- Experience defining and analyzing metrics to determine areas of improvement
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Previous experience with large-scale content migration preferred
US Employee Benefits
- Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs – Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% covered for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firm-wide extended holidays, flexible PTO, and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $125,000 – 170,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?