Linux Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
We're focused on hiring embedded software engineers that understand not only the lower-level systems, but also how everything integrates together from the hardware to the UI. You’ll be working closely on one side with our hardware vendors and ME/EE people, and on the other side with server and UI engineers, industrial designers, and our operations team. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment where your work is regularly shipping to customers and improving people’s safety, this is the place for you!
- Develop features for embedded platforms such as Cameras, Access control, Alarms, Sensors in Linux embedded environment.
- Debug, solve problems, do code reviews
- Define architecture, design of new features, functionalities.
- Take part in projects from inception to deployment and customer support.
- Build prototypes, work on proof of concepts.
- Research on technologies we are interested in for new products
- Work in cross-functional team
- +5 years of experience on Linux Embedded development
- +5 years of experience on C or C++ programming
- Experience on Python or other scripting language
- Experience on Git
Nice to Have
- Bash scripting
- Go programing
- Linux kernel modules programming
- Secure boot / security
- Bootloaders ( ex. U-boot)
- TCP/IP stack
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits and usage of lab equipment (multimeters, etc)
- Experience on RTOS
Perks & Benefits
- Health care allowance
- Daily Lunches Wellness / Fitness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Professional development budget
- Fun Found / person26 days off + additional company wide paid holidays
- B2B contract (with all above perks & benefits) or regular employment contract (UoP)
- Company shares
Employee Pay Disclosure
- At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting base salary will fall in the range of approximately 17 000 PLN - 60 000 PLN netto / month for B2B contracts and 14 000 PLN - 51 000 PLN brutto / month for UoP contracts. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting base salary may be above or below this range. Base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
At Verkada Poland, we are building a different type of team culture. You'll work on small teams that have autonomy and strong impact on projects they are working on. On our team, you'll find a strong feel of belonging, partnership-oriented working style and most importantly, you'll be part of a team who really cares about what they do with people you can rely on. What you won't find is any place for politics or toxic behavior. We genuinely care about our team and our colleagues.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.