Product Manager, Mobile
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada's mission is to become the security and safety operating system for every organization. Our goal is to protect people and assets while ensuring privacy, and our product team is responsible for driving this vision and identifying opportunities for growth.
The Mobile Team at Verkada is responsible for delivering seamless and secure access to Verkada's solutions on mobile devices, specifically, the Command native mobile apps and our Viewing Station. As the Mobile Team Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team to develop and bring to market cutting-edge mobile solutions that empower users to interact with Verkada's products and services anytime, anywhere.
- Lead the mobile product vision and strategy to ensure the team is aligned with the overall business goals.
- Manage the full product lifecycle from conception to delivery of mobile engineering solutions.
- Collaborate with sales teams, support engineering teams and other cross-functional teams to gather insights that shape product definition.
- Collecting customer feedback and analyzing customer usage scenarios to comprehend their requirements and prioritize the development of features.
- Develop product requirements and roadmaps that drive business and strategic direction.
- Partner with engineering and design to deliver high-quality, user-friendly, and scalable mobile products.
- Identify, define, instrument, and drive relevant metrics to measure product performance.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS or MBA optional.
- Technical fluency with analytical, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- A focus on customer needs and market empathy.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into data.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Experience with mobile, security, or enterprise products is a bonus.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
Expanded mental health support
Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
Professional development stipend
Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $90,000 - $200,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.