Senior Backend Engineer - Device Management
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Device management team builds softwares that connect Verkada devices to cloud. As one of the most critical pieces in Verkada system, it aims to manage the camera fleet as well as providing highly performative, stable and easy to use APIs for various features and product lines.
- Build softwares to interact and configure the camera fleet remotely.
- Build online system and offline pipelines for camera fleet health status monitoring
- Manage camera fleet life cycles and interactions with cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 2+ years of professional experience as a backend engineer
- Familiar with one of C++, Java, Python and Golang.
- Experience in both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with scalable backend design. Able to reason through common design choices.
Culture and Values
- Self-motivated problem solver: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Growth mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.