Creative Designer, Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Design
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
We’re looking for a passionate designer with advertising experience (or a design-obsessed Art Director) to help uplevel our ad game. Visually, conceptually, and strategically. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, fast-growing creative team with the opportunity to work on projects big and small—directly impacting revenue on a multibillion-dollar global tech brand.
As a member of the larger marketing team, you’ll play a role in supporting multi-platform advertising campaigns—working cross-functionally with marketing, growth, and creative department stakeholders to create compelling content across all channels.
- Focussed primarily on advertising, you’re a hands-on creator helping produce the lifeblood content that drives our growth.
- Leverage platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, creating relevant, tailor-made creative through static, animated, and video formats. You’ll have the chance to wear many creative hats, including creative ideation, writing, attending photoshoots, light video production, and more.
- You’ll also be able to touch everything the creative department works on—from marketing materials, print collateral, landing pages, to video and TV.
- You’ll help identify creative & design opportunities that improve the creative output, and help find unique tactics to leverage creative assets and outputs from other campaigns.
- Work with the growth team to test and measure your creative executions, and adjust creative strategies accordingly.
- Must have a portfolio of work showcasing a strong multidisciplinary approach to visual solutions and storytelling, including all forms of advertising design (digital paid ads, social media, email, DM, and web).Hands-on experience in the creative process from conceptualization to execution.
- 2-3+ years of design experience in a creative/advertising setting.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- You’ve got a solid understanding of foundational design practices as a base, but you know how and when to break those rules to create new experiences that complement our design aesthetic.
- You’re curious and a critical thinker—looking deeper than only visual beauty, but thinking about what makes the most compelling piece of communication.
- You’re a comping machine. You have an excellent working knowledge of the usual software like Adobe Creative Suite, and Figma, but you’re able to ‘make’ assets work through clever photo manipulation and a crafty spirit.
- Other knowledge in design automation, simple animation, video edit workflows is a plus.
- You love good advertising, but you also really appreciate an ad that works, and you’re curious enough to find optimal performance-based results.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $100,000 - 210,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.